CNT-doped veils are a special non-woven fabric produced with the melt-blown process. The materials have the form of entangled fibres with diameters of 30-70 μm, their advantage being the lack of any chemical binder, since the fibres are connected thermally. We offer veils with areal weights between 15 g/m2 and 100 g/m2 or higher depending on the customer’s needs.
Thanks to the use of a special type of polymer, the veils have adhesive properties, which is especially important for eliminating delamination when joining composite layers. Furthermore, the melting point of the proposed nonwoven fabric is low and adapted to the conventional resin infusion technique in the process of lamination. The available nonwovens are based on polyamides and polyesters and thus have a high compatibility with epoxy resin.
The CNT-doped veils are characterised by good electroconductivity and are thus suitable for use in the production of composite materials as:
- surface finishing, providing electrical and thermal conductivity,
- interlayers in laminated composites, providing improved electrical, thermal and mechanical properties while removing the problem of delamination.
CNT-doped veils can be used in the aviation, automotive, construction, military machinery and electronics industries to shield the electromagnetic field and discharge electricity. Strengthening laminates with CNT-doped veils will improve the electrical and mechanical properties while maintaining low weight and production costs.
Depending on the application, we offer non-woven fabrics in four types, differing in their melting points:
- DopedVeil 1839 – polyester-based non-woven fabric; Tm = 138-148°C
- DopedVeil 722 – polyamide-based non-woven fabric; Tm = 107°C
- DopedVeil 1516 – polyamide-based non-woven fabric; Tm = 85-95°C
- DopedVeil 2544 – polyamide-based non-woven fabric; Tm = 95°C
We have the capacity to manufacture non-woven fabrics with the required areal weight and based on other polymers with different melting points, depending on the customer’s requirements.
In case of any questions regarding our products, please contact us.